The Safer Communities Fund Round 6 Infrastructure grants provide schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants of up to $500,000 for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
Project activities can include:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access
- security doors
- Employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency, for schools or preschools.
- The minimum grant amount is $10,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $500,000.
- The grant will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
- Projects must be completed 31 March 2024.
Applications close 5pm 5 August 2021.
This grant is highly competitive, so I encourage you to apply early, ensuring you meet the objective and criteria. Further information about round six, including how to apply and eligibility criteria can be found here.