Federal Member for Aston Alan Tudge MP has called on Knox locals to nominate those individuals and organisations who have made a significant contribution to the community to improve the lives of people with a disability.
The 2013 National Disability awards, now in its seventh year, is currently taking nominations for awards in a wide range of categories.
Mr Tudge said he was pleased to get behind the awards which recognise individuals and organisations who give so much to those with a disability.
“These awards are important for Knox to celebrate and acknowledge outstanding individuals and organisations.”
“They inspire us everyday with their sacrifice, hard work and commitment to helping others.”
“If you know of an organisation or individual making a significant contribution to the community in this area please put forward a nomination.”
Awards are award in the following areas:
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Disability
- Emerging Leaders Award
- Excellence in Accessibly Communities Award
- Excellence in Improving Social Participation Award
- Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion Award
- Excellence in Imrpoving Employment Opportunities Award
- Excellence in Improving Personal and Community Support Award
- Excellence in Improving Education Outcomes Award
- Excellence in Improving Health Outcomes Award
Nominations Close at 5pm on Friday June 28.
More information can be found at www.idpwd.com.au or by contacting the office of Alan Tudge.